When we pull together, our congregation does amazing things! From our oldest member to the most recent baptized child of God, from our newest member to our beloved living saints, we serve, teach, love, bless, repair, praise, and pray in ways that change the world. It takes every single one of us to make it happen. This fall, beginning on October 7, 14, and 21, we invite you to join us as we celebrate what happens when we come together to share God’s love with each other and the world—and experience our strength in numbers.
Follow these tips to listen to "We Make the Road by Walking," a community podcast from Upper Dublin Lutheran Church based on the Brian McLaren book of the same name.
A podcast is essentially a radio show that you can get on the internet. You have two options: You can listen to a podcast through a website (this is called streaming). Or you can download a podcast, which means you're saving it on your phone or computer, and you can listen to it anytime, even without an internet connection.
One common way to listen to podcasts is on a smartphone. Using a podcast app, you can subscribe to a podcast, which means that your phone will automatically add new episodes as they are available and delete the audio files periodically after you're done listening. The podcast player will keep everything organized for you.
Ready to listen to We Make the Road by Walking? You have several options.
Listen on our website
All of the episodes can be played directly through our website on your browser. Check that your speakers or headphones are plugged in and your volume is turned on.
Listen on an iPhone
1. Look for the podcast icon on your phone.
2. Search “We Make the Road by Walking.”
3. Look for this podcast image.
Listen on an Android phone
1. Open a podcast app.
2. Search “We Make the Road.”
3. Look for the podcast image.
Subscribe to the podcast on different apps
Its a podcast. Its a community art project. It’s a new year’s resolution to grow in faith.
Here’s how to participate:
1. Sign up here on our Sign Up Genius for a chapter of Brian McLaren’s book, We Make the Road by Walking,
2. Read your chapter. (You can buy a copy on Amazon using the link above or purchase one from the church.)
3. Pastor Keith will schedule a time with you to audio record a brief 15 minute conversation about the chapter with you. Here are some reflection questions that Keith will ask you during the conversation. He might also send you additional questions specific to the chapter beforehand. We’ll post the recording as a podcast so people can listen in as they read the book. By the end of the project we’ll have 52+ podcast episodes about the Bible, faith, and life!
4. New to podcasts? Here's a quick explanation of what they are and how to listen.
5. You can listen to each and every episode here (below) on our website. You can also subscribe on iTunes, Google Play, or Stitcher.
Here’s more about the book, We Make the Road by Walking:
From critically acclaimed author Brian McLaren comes a brilliant retelling of the biblical story and a thrilling reintroduction to Christian faith.
This book offers everything you need to explore what a difference an honest, living, growing faith can make in our world today. It also puts tools in your hands to create a life-changing learning community in any home, restaurant, or other welcoming space.
The fifty-two (plus a few) weekly readings can each be read in 10 to 12 minutes and offer a simple curriculum of insightful reflections and transformative practices. Organized around the traditional church year, these readings give an overview of the whole Bible and guide an individual or a group of friends through a year of rich study, interactive learning, and personal growth.
Each reading invites you to cultivate an honest, intelligent understanding of the Bible and of Christian faith in 21st century
- Engage with discussion questions designed to challenge, stimulate, and encourage
- Reimagine what it means to live joyfully and responsibly in today's world as agents of God's justice, creativity, and peace
- If you're seeking a fresh way to experience and practice your faith, if you're a long-term Christian seeking new vitality, or if you feel out of place in traditional church circles, this book will inspire and activate you in your spiritual journey