Intergenerational Lent Dinner Church, March 22nd
Palm Sunday, March 25th
Maundy Thursday, March 29th
Good Friday, March 30th
Easter Sunday, April 1st
Easter Egg Hunt, April 1st
Holy Humor Sunday: The Boy Who Lived!, April 8th
Follow these tips to listen to "We Make the Road by Walking," a community podcast from Upper Dublin Lutheran Church based on the Brian McLaren book of the same name.
A podcast is essentially a radio show that you can get on the internet. You have two options: You can listen to a podcast through a website (this is called streaming). Or you can download a podcast, which means you're saving it on your phone or computer, and you can listen to it anytime, even without an internet connection.
One common way to listen to podcasts is on a smartphone. Using a podcast app, you can subscribe to a podcast, which means that your phone will automatically add new episodes as they are available and delete the audio files periodically after you're done listening. The podcast player will keep everything organized for you.
Ready to listen to We Make the Road by Walking? You have several options.
Listen on our website
All of the episodes can be played directly through our website on your browser. Check that your speakers or headphones are plugged in and your volume is turned on.
Listen on an iPhone
1. Look for the podcast icon on your phone.
2. Search “We Make the Road by Walking.”
3. Look for this podcast image.
Listen on an Android phone
1. Open a podcast app.
2. Search “We Make the Road.”
3. Look for the podcast image.
Subscribe to the podcast on different apps
We Make the Road by Walking. We Make the Podcast by Talking.
Its a podcast. Its a community art project. It’s a new year’s resolution to grow in faith.
Here’s how to participate:
2. Read your chapter. (You can buy a copy on Amazon using the link above or purchase one from the church.)
3. Pastor Keith will schedule a time with you to audio record a brief 15 minute conversation about the chapter with you. Here are some reflection questions that Keith will ask you during the conversation. He might also send you additional questions specific to the chapter beforehand. We’ll post the recording as a podcast so people can listen in as they read the book. By the end of the project we’ll have 52+ podcast episodes about the Bible, faith, and life!
4. New to podcasts? Here's a quick explanation of what they are and how to listen.
Here’s more about the book, We Make the Road by Walking:
From critically acclaimed author Brian McLaren comes a brilliant retelling of the biblical story and a thrilling reintroduction to Christian faith.
This book offers everything you need to explore what a difference an honest, living, growing faith can make in our world today. It also puts tools in your hands to create a life-changing learning community in any home, restaurant, or other welcoming space.
The fifty-two (plus a few) weekly readings can each be read in 10 to 12 minutes and offer a simple curriculum of insightful reflections and transformative practices. Organized around the traditional church year, these readings give an overview of the whole Bible and guide an individual or a group of friends through a year of rich study, interactive learning, and personal growth.
Each reading invites you to cultivate an honest, intelligent understanding of the Bible and of Christian faith in 21st century
- Engage with discussion questions designed to challenge, stimulate, and encourage
- Reimagine what it means to live joyfully and responsibly in today's world as agents of God's justice, creativity, and peace
- If you're seeking a fresh way to experience and practice your faith, if you're a long-term Christian seeking new vitality, or if you feel out of place in traditional church circles, this book will inspire and activate you in your spiritual journey
#AdventWord an innovative way to engage in the season of Advent with people all over the world. Simply respond to the daily meditation emailed to you with images and prayers that speak to your heart. Your images and prayers will appear in the Advent Calendar with others from around the world. Join us as we anticipate the coming of Christ, the fulfillment of our deepest longings.
#AdventWord is the world’s first crowd-sourced global Advent Calendar that asks Christians to pray over a word and meditation and respond with an image on Facebook or Twitter or Instagram.
AdventWord works by asking people each day of Advent via email and social media in multiple languages to meditate on a word and post a picture in response on their personal social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) and tag with picture with two hashtags: #AdventWord and the hashtag of the day. The responses, over 10,000 images on Instagram and over 5,000 images on Twitter and Facebook are pulled into website to create a crowd-sourced Advent Calendar. The result is visual evidence of the joy of people praying together around the world. Somewhere is the region of 100,000 social media users have participated.
Sign up for the daily AdventWord email at the AdventWord.org website.
-Explanation from AdventWord.org